The Vancouver Farmers Market is a large vibrant farmers market located in downtown Vancouver,
Washington. Our flagship market operates on Saturdays and Sundays March through October,
attracting over 400,000 customers and 170 vendors each season. We also run two weekday markets
during the summer on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons to serve working communities in
Vancouver. Our mission is to create community by providing local farm products, original artisan
creations and quality prepared foods. We value community, education, sustainability and growth.
The Vancouver Farmers Market is looking to hire a few great staff to help operate our parking lots at the Downtown Vancouver Farmers Market. We believe in having a great time while we work and try to surround ourselves with like-minded people. The ideal Parking Attendant will be customer service oriented and enjoy dealing with a high volume of people. They will be energetic, kind, and organized, and will work both independently and with multiple customers and staff members. This is a great chance for a weekend job that lets you work outside and have fun meeting all kinds of people. We look forward to your application!
Compensation & Schedule
$13.69 per hour. Temporary, part time.
- March 20th - October 31st
- Saturdays 8:30am - 3:00pm
- Sundays 9:30am - 3:00pm
- November 6th - December 18th
- Saturdays 9:30am - 2:00pm
- Greet customers.
- Accept donations for the market.
- Stand and talk for 6+ hours.
- Provide great customer service to everyone they interact with.
- Give clear directions or information about the market.
- Work outside in all types of weather.
- Work with limited supervision and accomplish set duties.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Follow a dress and conduct code.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ideal Candidates will have a cell phone and reliable transportation.
- Currently attending/graduated from High School.
- Must be 16+ years of age.
- Strong customer service knowledge.
Send cover letter and resume, to [hidden email] and put Parking and your last name in the Subject line. Position open until filled.
The Vancouver Farmers Market is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified individuals in accordance with the law without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, military status, political opinion, sex, national origin, familial status, mental and physical disability, gender identity, source of income, disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training, and termination. We will provide reasonable accommodation unless it creates an undue hardship on the operation of our organization. Any applicant needing reasonable accommodation should notify us as soon as possible.